I remember when I signed my first client as if it were yesterday.
I was on the phone with someone who I didn't know was a potential client at the time. In fact, I was asked to hop on the phone with her to talk about a completely different topic.
As the conversation transitioned, my first client - let's call her Jane - started talking to me about her online biz idea. Next thing I know I'm talking to her about how I can support her get there.
Something you should know is that a few days before I sat down and figured out my signature package. I had written down all of the benefits of working with me, the pricing in full and the payment plan. I had typed it up and printed it so that I can look at it later an make any changes. It was as if the Universe knew this phone conversation would take place. Now back to the phone conversation...
Once I realized that I could really help this potential client, I grabbed my signature package print out and read some of the benefits of working with me.
Within minutes we were talking pricing, the special bonus I made up on the fly for signing up with me that week and two days later the money was in my account.
I'm sharing this with you because my first clients came from my own network. People I met in other careers, referrals from friends, and so much more.
If you truly desire to sign your next client, the next person into your group program, onto your membership site, etc. Know that your early sign ups may not come from the online world. They may come from your current network. So don't hesitate to tell EVERYONE who is an ideal client what it is that you do and how you can help them.
Yes I recommend you are still visible online. But it could take someone who doesn't know you well 2 - 3 months before they're willing to invest. Even if that investment doesn't seem like a lot of money to you.
Here are some ideas for signing your first client this month!
- Email everyone you know and let them know you've started your online business. In the email, let them know who your ideal client is, how you can help them, and how they can help you (ie. connect you with leads, have people sign up for free coaching calls, etc.)
- Look up local events for entrepreneurs, while there - practice speaking about your business, who your ideal client is, and what the benefits of working with you are.
- Call people you're very close with, tell them about your business, and ask them if there is anyone they know who would be your ideal client.
- Post on your Facebook Page about your new business, who your ideal client is and ask for referrals.
- Update your LinkedIn Profile so that people are alerted to your new venture.
- Message people on LinkedIn who you feel may be able to connect you with your ideal client.
- Do a Facebook Live about your business, who your ideal client is and how people can learn more.
- Offer free coaching calls or strategy calls to people who are your ideal client and then ask them for referrals afterwards.
Remember, when you're getting started - an ideal client is an ideal client. It doesn't matter if they come to you via online or offline marketing tactics at first. You don't have to neglect the "in person" world to grow your online business. You've SOOOO got this!!!